As a Roll Member you are still very much a part of the College community. You can dine in College three times a year, attend alumnae events and enjoy other privileges.
We are always delighted to welcome you back to College. Your benefits include dining in College three times a year (once per term), on payment and notice, with up to three paying guests. Formal Halls are held on Thursdays, Postgraduate Formal Halls on Tuesdays and Subject Formal Halls are held on Wednesdays, during Full Term and are occasions when Senior Members and students dine together.
Gowns are worn at all Formal Halls. If you would like to borrow a gown, please contact the Roll Office on email@example.com 14 days before the Formal with your name, the Formal Hall you are attending and what your approximate height is to ensure we find a suitable gown.
If the occasion is a Subject Formal Hall, please contact the Roll Office on firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the Subject Formal Hall you would like to attend as we will need to ensure there is capacity for you to attend. If we have confirmed your place, the Roll Office will also advise the Academic Administrator, who will make sure the relevant Directors of Studies are informed.
If you wish to book in as a larger group you should contact the Roll Office email@example.com.
Bookings open one month before the date of the event. Please see the dates for 2023-24 below. You will need to book online with the event details below. Note the Subject Formal Booking will be sent out by subject.
Your name may be shared with our Associates and Honorary Associates. Places are limited for each dinner, and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to join. For any questions please contact the Roll Office firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 335757.
The costs for 2023/2024 for Roll Members are shown below:
- Formal Hall: seated in the main body of the Hall is £38.50 per person (bring your own wine).
- Formal Hall: seated on High Table is £44.00 per person (this includes a pre-dinner drinks reception & wine with the meal).
- Subject Formal Hall: everyone attending forms the High Table, and is £44.00 per person (this includes a pre-dinner drinks reception and wine with the meal).
The formals shown with ** are in addition to the normal annual programme of formals and are subject to staffing levels in the Catering Department being sufficient to support them.
NB – English Subject Formal Hall date tbc.
Michaelmas Term 2023 Full Term: 3 October – 1 December 2023
- Wednesday 18 October Subject Formal Hall: AMES, History, History & Politics, Linguistics
- Thursday 19 October Formal Hall**
- Tuesday 24 October Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Thursday 26 October Formal Hall**
- Wednesday 1 November Subject Formal Hall: Architecture, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mathematics.
- Thursday 2 November Formal Hall – Fairtrade
- Tuesday 7 November Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 8 November Subject Formal Hall: ASNC, Classics, History of Art, History and Philosophy of Science, Philosophy, Theology.
- Thursday 9 November Formal Hall**
- Thursday 16 November Formal Hall ** (same format as a Friday Formal)
- Tuesday 21 November Postgraduate Formal Hall**
- Wednesday 22 November Subject Formal Hall: Archaeology/HSPS, Education, Media/Screen/Visual Arts, Music, Foundation Year students.
Lent Term 2024 Full Term: 16 January – 15 March 2024
- Thursday 18 January Formal Hall**
- Tuesday 23 January Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 24 January Subject Formal Hall: MVST, PBS
- Thursday 25 January Formal Hall**
- Wednesday 31 January Formal Hall**
- Tuesday 6 February Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Thursday 15 February Formal Hall**
- Tuesday 20 February Postgraduate Formal Hall**
- Wednesday 28 February Subject Formal Hall: Geography, History & Modern Languages, Land Economy, Law, Management Studies, MML, Economics.
- Tuesday 5 March Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 6 March Subject Formal Hall: NAT SCI (B), NAT SCI (P)
- Tuesday 12 March Postgraduate Supper
- Thursday 14 March Formal Hall – Fairtrade
Easter Term 2024 Full Term: 23 April – 14 June 2024
- Tuesday 30 April Postgraduate Formal Hall**
- Thursday 2 May Formal Hall – Fairtrade
- Thursday 9 May Formal Hall**
- Tuesday 14 May Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Thursday 16 May Formal Hall**
- Thursday 23 May Formal Hall
- Tuesday 28 May Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Thursday 30 May Formal Hall
- Tuesday 11 June Postgraduate Formal Hall**
- Thursday 13 June Formal Hall
Please note that we require at least 7 days notice for cancellations if you require a refund.