As a Roll Member you are still very much a part of the College community. You can dine in College three times a year, attend alumnae events and enjoy other privileges.
We are always delighted to welcome you back to College. Your benefits include dining in College three times a year (once per term), on payment and notice, with up to three paying guests. Formal Halls are held on Thursdays, Postgraduate Formal Halls on Tuesdays and Subject Formal Halls are held on Wednesdays, during Full Term and are occasions when Senior Members and students dine together. During 2022-23 there will also be three Friday Formal Halls (one per term). Due to the Friday Formal Halls only being once a term and extremely popular with students, College have decided that we will be unable to offer these to alumnae. Gowns are worn at all Formal Halls. If you would like to borrow a gown, please contact the Roll Office on firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the Formal Hall you are attending and what your approximate height is to ensure we find a suitable gown.
If the occasion is a Subject Formal Hall, please contact the Roll Office on email@example.com with your name and the Subject Formal Hall you would like to attend as we will need to ensure there is capacity for you to attend. If we have confirmed your place, the Roll Office will also advise the Academic Administrator, who will make sure the relevant Directors of Studies are informed.
If you wish to book in as a larger group you should contact the Roll Office firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings open one month before the date of the event. Please see the dates for 2022-23 below. You will need to book online with the event details below. Please book in using the link attached below to the particular Formal Hall you wish to attend. Your name may be shared with our Associates and Honorary Associates. Places are limited for each dinner, and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to join. For any questions please contact the Roll Office email@example.com or call 01223 335757.
The costs for 2022/2023 for Roll Members are shown below:
- Formal Hall: seated in the main body of the Hall is £30 per person (bring your own wine).
- Formal Hall: seated on High Table is £40 per person (this includes a pre-dinner drinks reception & wine with the meal).
- Subject Formal Hall: everyone attending forms the High Table, and is £40 per person (this includes a pre-dinner drinks reception and wine with the meal).
Michaelmas Term 2022 Full Term: 4 October – 3 December 2022
- Wednesday 19 October Subject Formal Hall: MVST, PBS
- Thursday 20 October * Formal Hall
- Tuesday 25 October Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Thursday 27 October Formal Hall
- Wednesday 2 November Subject Formal Hall: Education, English, ASNC, Media / Screen / Visual Art, Archaeology / HSPS, Theology
- Thursday 3 November Formal Hall – Fairtrade
- Tuesday 8 November Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 9 November Subject Formal Hall: NSB, NSP
- Thursday 10 November * Formal Hall
- Friday 18 November * Friday Formal Hall
- Tuesday 22 November * Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 23 November Subject Formal Hall: Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemical Engineering, Architecture, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
- Monday 28 November Christmas Formal Hall
- Tuesday 29 November Christmas Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 30 November Christmas Formal Hall
- Thursday 1 December Christmas Formal Hall
Lent Term 2023 Full Term: 17 January – 17 March 2023
- Thursday 19 January * Formal Hall
- Tuesday 24 January Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 25 January Subject Formal Hall: AMES, History & Modern Languages, Linguistics, MML, History, History & Politics
- Thursday 26 January * Formal Hall
- Thursday 2 February Formal Hall
- Tuesday 7 February * Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 8 February Halfway Hall
- Thursday 16 February * Formal Hall
- Tuesday 21 February * Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 22 February Subject Formal Hall: Classics, Music, Philosophy, HPS, History of Art, Foundation Year Students
- Friday 3 March * Friday Formal Hall
- Tuesday 7 March Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Wednesday 8 March Formal Hall
- Wednesday 15 March Subject Formal Hall: Geography, Law, Management Studies, Land Economy
- Thursday 16 March Formal Hall – Fairtrade
Easter Term 2023 Full Term: 25 April – 16 June 2023
- Thursday 27 April Formal Hall
- Tuesday 2 May * Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Thursday 4 May Formal Hall – Fairtrade
- Wednesday 10 May * Formal Hall
- Thursday 11 May * Formal Hall
- Tuesday 16 May Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Thursday 18 May * Formal Hall
- Wednesday 24 May * Formal Hall
- Thursday 25 May Formal Hall
- Tuesday 30 May Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Thursday 1 June Formal Hall
- Friday 9 June * Friday Formal Hall
- Tuesday 13 June * Postgraduate Formal Hall
- Thursday 15 June Formal Hall
* The 16 formals with an *asterisk* are in addition to the normal annual programme of formals and are subject to staffing levels in the Catering Department being sufficient to support them.
Please note that we require at least 7 days notice for cancellations if you require a refund.
For more alumnae benefits, click here to visit our alumnae benefits page